Galaxy Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to come together and discuss a variety of subjects, with a focus on today's gaming, cartoons, anime, and other forms of multimedia.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Blazblue matchmaking thread

Go down 
+3
Squire Grooktook
Zero254
Recolor
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Recolor

Recolor

The Blazblue matchmaking thread Empty
PostSubject: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Also because this place has been very slow.

Also because I needed to see if people preferred this over Marvel (which honestly, seems unlikely and is most likely the lack of activity in this forum)

PSN: DarkflareEX
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Zero254

Zero254

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:14 pm

OPTIC BARREL!

I will start playing this again along with the Accent core I already play.

I might as well for GF202020's sake.
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:15 pm

I might try to get into this again.

I'd rather play Accent Core also but hey that's why they don't release it on psn lol.
Back to top Go down
◆蜜爆弾◆

◆蜜爆弾◆

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:38 pm

I will play , although i'm a bit of a retiree in the Arcsys world. It wouldn't hurt to get back in the ring for a bit. :: dusts off the ol' sword and shield ::
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/h/oi55.tinypic.com/2prsefn.jpg
Recolor

Recolor

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Squire Grooktook wrote:

I'd rather play Accent Core also but hey that's why they don't release it on psn lol.

What happened to "I don't like Guilty Gear lite"?

I'm aiming to be around the weekend, I need to get more practice with Valkenhayn anyway.
Back to top Go down
Zero254

Zero254

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:53 pm

xTANKxDEMPSEYx wrote:
Squire Grooktook wrote:

I'm aiming to be around the weekend, I need to get more practice with Valkenhayn anyway.

Because he can't play it online.

We can play XX reloaded, but it is kind of hard to adjust to god tier slayer hitting him with jumping heavy and his 20 frames of invincibility dash.

I will be using Platinum and some other characters. Maybe vampire Sol.
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:26 pm

xTANKxDEMPSEYx wrote:
Squire Grooktook wrote:

Squire Grooktook wrote:
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:54 am

So anyway thinking of picking this up for a bit. I'm really bad but that's ok. I'll probably be playing Ragna, because I'm told he's all about reading, and I'm terrible at that. Figure it might help to force such a character upon myself. Also Tsubaki for the block strings, Hakumen for the gimmicks, Rachel because she's awesome, and maybe v-13 for the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Recolor

Recolor

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Ragna isn't about reading compared to Hakumen and Tager. Ragna's more about rushing the enemy and locking them down with his ranged attacks. Also about doing ID clash with another Ragna.
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:17 pm

xTANKxDEMPSEYx wrote:
Ragna isn't about reading compared to Hakumen and Tager. Ragna's more about rushing the enemy and locking them down with his ranged attacks. Also about doing ID clash with another Ragna.

Rushing down and locking down is the ultimate priority of all characters, zoning and rushdown alike. After all, your opponent can't kill you if they can't move.

Ragna might not have to read as much as someone like Tager, but since his mix ups are slower then the rest of the cast (or so I'm advised), and since he has a strong set of counters for various situations, he's best when being unexpected and manipulative of the situation.

Or at least, that's how it was explained to me.
Back to top Go down
Recolor

Recolor

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:51 pm

It may be the ultimate priority for all characters, but certain characters do a better job for certain things than others.

Ragna is great for rushing and trapping someone with his drive moves.
Rachel can't rush or lockdown as well as Ragna, but makes up for it by being better at zoning than someone like Ragna.
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Yes I know. And he doesn't have a projectile, so obviously he has to rushdown in order to win. But taking advantage of his various counter options to outread and punish opponents for their own offenses is probably the best way to get in. After conditioning them to not kill you, you can just waltz right in with 5b or 5c.
Back to top Go down
◆蜜爆弾◆

◆蜜爆弾◆

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Squire Grooktook wrote:
Yes I know. And he doesn't have a projectile, so obviously he has to rushdown in order to win. But taking advantage of his various counter options to outread and punish opponents for their own offenses is probably the best way to get in. After conditioning them to not kill you, you can just waltz right in with 5b or 5c.

Rags' projectile just functions differently from most existing ones- since its slow and grounded its meant to be a combo filler. And yes 5B/C is his happiness.
Back to top Go down
GhostGetterRobo

GhostGetterRobo

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:20 pm

I might be up for BrazBrue if only NMH Heroes Paradise isn't so gosh darn addicting Razz
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 10:57 pm

◆蜜爆弾◆ wrote:
Squire Grooktook wrote:

Rags' projectile just functions differently from most existing ones- since its slow and grounded its meant to be a combo filler. And yes 5B/C is his happiness.

Besides combo usefulness, I thought Dead Spike was also meant to be a meaty attack, since it has + on block and priority.
Back to top Go down
◆蜜爆弾◆

◆蜜爆弾◆

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Hmm . . . I rarely see them use that as a meaty anymore but it was definitely useful for it. +Frame yah. Doesn't it damage primers? I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:01 am

◆蜜爆弾◆ wrote:
Hmm . . . I rarely see them use that as a meaty anymore but it was definitely useful for it. +Frame yah. Doesn't it damage primers? I can't remember.

Yeah, it still takes a primer.

Also I once stopped Hazama's reversal with the blood kain version. Which looked hilarious.
Back to top Go down
◆蜜爆弾◆

◆蜜爆弾◆

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:16 am

I would have loved to see that. That guy is extremely annoying to me. I like the character but the way some people use Hazama gets on my nerves. Ouroboros the whole match.
Back to top Go down
Vulcan422

Vulcan422

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:47 am

Hazama is basically the Dhalsim of BB. He relies solely on stretching his giant green ghost dick at you and then when he gets you from far away, going in for Houtenjin into juggle combos. I used to like him, but he's a bit too complicated for me now so I stopped using him.

As for me, I use Bang and Valkenhayn mostly. A bit of Hakumen and Tager on the side.
Back to top Go down
GhostGetterRobo

GhostGetterRobo

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:34 pm

Doesn't Taokaka and Makoto get any love here? D':
Back to top Go down
LoliCannon

LoliCannon

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 4:19 pm

I'm a Makoto main, dunno if to be proud of it though.
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:00 pm

I think she's a cool character.
Back to top Go down
LoliCannon

LoliCannon

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:04 pm

Actually I'm up for a few games soon.
I'm still a little Scrubby, aint played for awhile...well not properly.

Say in about 2 hours? doing shiz atm, but would like doing a few fights.

PSN: LoliCannon hook me up..if other people wanna play as well we can just make a room and we all take turns raping each other Razz
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:08 pm

LoliCannon wrote:
Actually I'm up for a few games soon.
I'm still a little Scrubby, aint played for awhile...well not properly.

Say in about 2 hours? doing shiz atm, but would like doing a few fights.

PSN: LoliCannon hook me up..if other people wanna play as well we can just make a room and we all take turns raping each other Razz

I might have some stuff to do but I'll probably be here in two hours. If not, then maybe a little later then that (like at the most 3 or 4 hours from now).

I'll add you though.

Also do you have Steam lolicannon?
Back to top Go down
LoliCannon

LoliCannon

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Squire Grooktook wrote:

Also do you have Steam lolicannon?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TOADUK
Go nuts.

I usually play TF2 but I have other shit too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Blazblue matchmaking thread   The Blazblue matchmaking thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Blazblue matchmaking thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next