Galaxy Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to come together and discuss a variety of subjects, with a focus on today's gaming, cartoons, anime, and other forms of multimedia.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

InFamous [PS3]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GF202020
Admin
GF202020

InFamous [PS3] Empty
PostSubject: InFamous [PS3]   InFamous [PS3] EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:36 pm

So...remember that whole "Welcome Back" Program Sony had?

Well, I picked WipEout HD and InFamous, and I'm very glad I did.

InFamous is made by Sucker Punch, the people who did the Sly Cooper Series. I know making a series about humans with super powers is a bit out of left field for a company that deals with anthropomorphic animals, but they actually did an excellent job with the game.

Story

In the Story, you are in Empire City, which is basically a lawyer-friendly New York. You happen to be Cole, who is a bike messenger. Just so happens that the package he is carrying now is a bomb of some sorts, and it goes off, basically nuking the entire town, killing thousands, and giving Cole...and some others...Super Powers.

Cole gains the power to control electricity....however, it gets leaked that he was the one who carried the package, and so everyone blames him for causing the city to go to hell. The truth is the whole event was designed by a group of people called "The First Sons", basically wannabe ESPers, but the blast actually gives some of them actual ESP. But is there another reason they set all of this up?

Cole must battle all of the supervillians and their respective gangs to try and get some sort of order back to Empire City while finding out the whole truth of why things happened the way they did. However, he could choose to be a violent villain who controls the city with fear, or a hero trying to prove to the people of Empire City that he was innocent.

The Story has alot of twists and turns, and as a spoiler, even though the ending has a decent plottwist, it sorta feels like it gave out of nowhere.

Gameplay

Basically picture what Spider-Man 2 would be if it was remade for current-gen, but minus the webbing. Instead, Cole is enough of a badass, he can climb up buldings in a fraction of a minute. You have basic lightning powers to start off with, but as you go through you gain much more powerful ways to dispatch your foes, ending with the ultimate power, CONTROL A THUNDER STORM.

Melee is also something Cole strives at, and especially if you buy the Melee upgrades. This makes Cole a well-rounded fighter with several options, and you'll need them all for the variety of foes you fight.

The Enemy AI in this game is actually smart. It will take cover, send you into traps, regroup to gang up on you, or just decide to be a total prick toward you.

Critiques

The Gameplay and story is solid and is a blast to play through, but the one area is fall somewhat flat in are the boss fights, final boss not included.

There are only 3 major bosses in the game. The first 2 don't even have a health-bar, and are easy to plow through. In fact, for the second boss, you get a Polarity Shield upgrade before the fight that basically means all his attacks can't do much if you remember to pull up your shield.

The only decent boss is the final boss, and while he's not that tough per say, he's much better then the other two, and it very fun to have numerous bouts against. He even has a life bar!

Overall, InFamous is one heck of the game, and one of the best I've played this year.
Back to top Go down
https://galaxygenesis.forumotion.com
Gamma

Gamma

InFamous [PS3] Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous [PS3]   InFamous [PS3] EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:42 pm

You already told me this in a convo, but great review neverthless! You shouldn't spoil the bosses part, though. =P

I would really like you to play the second one and tell me your opinion on it. Since there's so much different/better/worse stuff in it.
Back to top Go down
GF202020
Admin
GF202020

InFamous [PS3] Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous [PS3]   InFamous [PS3] EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 pm

When the price goes down I might get InFamous 2.
Back to top Go down
https://galaxygenesis.forumotion.com
Recolor

Recolor

InFamous [PS3] Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous [PS3]   InFamous [PS3] EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Second Boss is a bitch to deal with in Hard Mode on account that the increased health every enemy gets will add up, requiring you to deal with a multitude of enemies for longer. Not to mention that even with the shield you still have to watch out that you or Zeke fall off or you're doing it from the start.

Also, that shield only blocks what you're aiming at. Enemies can still get you from the sides and from behind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Sponsored content

InFamous [PS3] Empty
PostSubject: Re: InFamous [PS3]   InFamous [PS3] Empty

Back to top Go down

InFamous [PS3]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy Genesis :: Video Games and Related Media :: Video Game Reviews-
Jump to: