Galaxy Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to come together and discuss a variety of subjects, with a focus on today's gaming, cartoons, anime, and other forms of multimedia.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KError

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread Empty
PostSubject: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:57 am

So in this thread, we will discuss about the Yakuza series and spinoffs made by Sega made for Playstation.

So yeah I've played Yakuza 4 but I haven't beat it yet, but it was awesome. My favourite cast would be Akiyama and Kiryu.

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread 4926060355_d4550ae9e3_o
Also a new spinoff called "Of the End" just came out on June 2011 in Japan because Sega wanted to release the game in March 2011, but the release was rescheduled due to the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami that affected the Japanese gaming industry and the demo was released in March 2011 and it was available at JPN PSN.
This game involves in a zombie apocalypse in Kamurocho. It's a third person shooter mixed with combat. I hope this game will be released in NA.
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:45 am

HELL YES.

II still gotta finish Kenzan and Black Panther Chapter, but this is always an awesome series, that never ever loses quality. Have you played the demo of Of The End yet?

Cannot wait for Majim play! =D
Back to top Go down
KError

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Gamma wrote:

Have you played the demo of Of The End yet?

No I haven't played it yet, I might wait for the full release anyways.
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:27 pm

It'll be about a year before it comes over here, since we're a year behind the japanese releases. Play it after you finish Yakuza 4. It's very much worth it, and the gunplay mechanic is worth getting used to. It's a bit meh at first, but the combinations get really cool.
Back to top Go down
KError

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:37 pm

Some HEAT SNIPE gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Mayushii

Mayushii

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:58 pm

I played the third and fourth one. Third one was a letdown during the first parts of the game during Okinawa.

Gotta love Majima's version of GET TO THE TOP :3
Back to top Go down
GhostGetterRobo

GhostGetterRobo

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:05 pm

It's unanimous among the fanbase that the first 3 or so chapters of Yakuza 3 was a big letdown. Something that meant to be heartwarming turned out to be the biggest chore of the game. I didn't mind too much since I kinda like kids, but it's like SEGA was trying to tease the player long enough to hype them up for the bash. In other words, they looooooove trolling :V
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:52 pm

GhostGetterRobo wrote:
It's unanimous among the fanbase that the first 3 or so chapters of Yakuza 3 was a big letdown. Something that meant to be heartwarming turned out to be the biggest chore of the game. I didn't mind too much since I kinda like kids, but it's like SEGA was trying to tease the player long enough to hype them up for the bash. In other words, they looooooove trolling :V
Not unanimous. I honestly loved it. It means Kazuma was actually taking it easy instead of being brought to Tokyo YET AGAIN for the whole game. I like taking it easy and doing stuff with the kids. Plus, grooming a sidekick and then having him killed left me in tears.

Also, I love that Majima song. JAZZ HANDS! =D
Back to top Go down
GhostGetterRobo

GhostGetterRobo

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Gamma wrote:
GhostGetterRobo wrote:
Not unanimous. I honestly loved it. It means Kazuma was actually taking it easy instead of being brought to Tokyo YET AGAIN for the whole game. I like taking it easy and doing stuff with the kids. Plus, grooming a sidekick and then having him killed left me in tears.

Also, I love that Majima song. JAZZ HANDS! =D

Kiryu has a pretty dang realistic personality, which is why he's so appealing to me. As I said, I tolerated the first three chapters. It almost seemed as if everyone else hated that segment since a lot of my fellow broskies were bored to death. And yes, "that part" of the game ruined Yakuza 3 for my brother since he saw it by accident when he walked into the room. At least he's playing through Yakuza 4 XD

And Karaoke Majima is the best thing anyone would see in their lives : D
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Honestly, I think Kiryu's gone through too many "Crisis happening, must return!" moments for anyone to take it seriously anymore. I'd like it if either he took on a crisis closer to home (Okinawa, making the area bigger and giving the game more of a Vice City vibe maybe? While still keeping the crime element. I'd like it if either that happened, or if they stuck with a new character for good, while keeping Kiryu cameoing in smaller roles. Yakuza 4 did that very well, and I seriously want a BIG new character to star in his own big game, all about him and his own path.
Back to top Go down
GhostGetterRobo

GhostGetterRobo

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Both points would actually be a very interesting new spin for the Yakuza series. I've always wondered when Kiryu would ever just sit back and relax instead of having to go out and fix somebody else's mess for once. Of course, he just might get dragged into the drama in some shape or form XD Although that would probably be best as a spinoff game in order to see the fans' reaction to playing the role of a new character. Then again it would be quite an awesome surprise at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:56 pm

It was already tried in Black Panther Chapter, and in another way in Yakuza 4. But I want to see a Yakuza 5 in which Kiryu only appears at the end when Majima goes to Okinawa in the winter with a ton of presents for the kids, dressed as Santa, going "UNCLE MAJIMA IS HERE, KAZZY!" And then it ends with them beating the crap out of each other.
Back to top Go down
Mayushii

Mayushii

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Yakuza 5 for PS3 and Black Panther 2 for PSP confirmed. Also, they made a new studio for Yakuza series called "Ryu ga Gotoku Studio"

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/31/a-few-scant-screenshots-of-black-panther-2-yakuza/
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Looks like the franchise is as alive as ever.
Back to top Go down
GhostGetterRobo

GhostGetterRobo

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:25 pm

I've never seen Black Panther up until now and I'm already loving the new combat mechanics. A lot different than I expected for a Yakuza game to be XD

Also, I'm immediately hyped for Yakuza 5. Probably won't be coming stateside until 2013 or something.
Back to top Go down
KError

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Oh yes Yakuza 5. Plz Nagoshi make "Of the End" to be hit on western shores sooner.
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:14 pm

I played a bit of Black Panther, but it's useless without knowing at least a bit of the story. I hope they give Yakuza 5 the necessary development time, by the way. Make it come out in 2013, Japan.
Back to top Go down
KError

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Back to top Go down
GhostGetterRobo

GhostGetterRobo

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Definitely a better name than Like A Dragon of the End in my opinion. I can't wait : D
Back to top Go down
KError

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 10:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0W3j4sZAW6A

About a week ago, Yakuza Dead Souls has now been officially localized in Western.
Here's the footage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread   Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza (Series)) thread
Page 1 of 1