Galaxy Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to come together and discuss a variety of subjects, with a focus on today's gaming, cartoons, anime, and other forms of multimedia.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Legend of Zelda

Go down 
+5
Yami-Eifie
Blackmore
Gamma
GF202020
EmeraldKey
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EmeraldKey

EmeraldKey

The Legend of Zelda Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:41 am

So recently I beat the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker *coughcough-finally-8-years-after-it-came-out-coughcough*, and I've moved on to Twilight Princess for another try. With the release of the next Zelda installment, Skyward Sword, coming up at the end of the year, I thought about all the things I had enjoyed in the past, and what I hoped for in the future.

So, let's hold a discussion, shall we? Out of all the current Zelda games, which was your favorite? What was your favorite thing about that game? And maybe, if you really feel like divulging, which was your least favorite and why? (And, perhaps if there's interest, we can share Skyward Sword news here ^^)

I'll break the ice and start things out:

My favorite game so far is Wind Waker--first, because I thought the story was quite charming, and really enjoyable; second, because of the cell-shading animation. I guess there were a lot of people who didn't like the cartoony feel of WW, but I really thought it was unique and artistic. I loved the bright colors, and how they animated the water, fire, and smoke in the game. I think that the cell-shading gave the game a timeless look. Maybe I'm just a graphic snob, but... some of the older games are harder to play because they look so... pointy. I guess that's shallow of me, but hey. WW is enjoyable to play visually because it's meant be cartoony, right?

Also, WW's animation makes me excited for what's coming up in Skyward Sword! Very Happy Some of ya might object to the "painted" look, but I bet it'll be more breathtaking then WW was! ^^

So, going to least favorite... yeah, it was Majora's Mask. Endless time-loop=ebilness. That's all I'm gonna say -_____-

Well, what do y'all think? ^^
Back to top Go down
GF202020
Admin
GF202020

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:45 am

I actually liked Majora's Mask though...it was probably the most impressive plot of any game in the series in which Ganon doesn't show up as the true mastermind/hijack the plot.

Also playing around as the various species was awesome, like racing around in Goron mode, or majestically swimming around in Zora mode.
Back to top Go down
https://galaxygenesis.forumotion.com
EmeraldKey

EmeraldKey

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:09 am

LoL, maybe I was just caught up on the whole "time limit" thing. I hated how I had to start all over if I got to the end of the three days. Admittedly... I never really got that far ^^'

Oh, and the mask salesman guy freaked me out
Back to top Go down
GF202020
Admin
GF202020

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:11 am

Well, if you know and did the Reversed Song of Time, the time limit slows down by double, giving you plenty of time for your 3 day loop.

But the Trading Game for Majora's Mask was one of the most annoying in the series.
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:52 am

Awesome, love Zelda threads.

It's pretty much one of the only series of games that is consistingly good, and the only ones I ragequit were the DS ones, because I couldn't get used to the controls.

But one of the things I love about Zelda is that there's pretty much ZERO connection between games. No convulted timeline, no amazing connections, nothing, except for the obviously pointed out ones. Every single game is a completely new story, with a whole new character, and it welcomes new people as well as invites old fans to try again. The worlds are always wildly different and new, and it feels alive.

Honestly, the only Zelda I didn't enjoy was the 3DS OOT remake, because it's honestly the laziest remake of all time. =P
Back to top Go down
Blackmore

Blackmore

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:10 pm

I would love to get Majora's Mask just to try and beat it again.

My favorite is Wind Waker, even though I never beat the damned thing.
Back to top Go down
EmeraldKey

EmeraldKey

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:15 pm

@Burn/GF: Well Razz Hahaha, well... I don't think I ever got that song ^^; I kind of gave up when I had to do everything over at the swamp in the first "episode", if you will.

@Gamma: Haha, I rage-quitted the DS games, too xD I hated the Phantom Knights! They were so annoying! And they kept stealing my key in Phantom Hourglass!!! Dx

And say, wasn't there a definite connection between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker? WW's history was mostly based off of what happened after OoT, with Gannon trying to get the Triforce and all that, right? But I see what you mean by originality with characters and story, not being too much based off of previous games. I liked that about that too ^^

And you didn't like the remake of OoT? =o

Last edited by EmeraldKey on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GF202020
Admin
GF202020

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:28 pm

Well, OoT already got a much better remake...it's called Twilight Princess. =P

...also, the Reversed Song of Time is a secret song, you had it as soon as you had the Song of Time, but one of the scarecrows in the observatory makes hints regarding it.
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:13 pm

EmeraldKey wrote:
@Burn/GF: Well Razz Hahaha, well... I don't think I ever got that song ^^; I kind of gave up when I had to do everything over at the swamp in the first "episode", if you will.

@Gamma: Haha, I rage-quitted the DS games, too xD I hated the Phantom Knights! They were so annoying! And they kept stealing my key in Phantom Hourglass!!! Dx

And say, wasn't there a definite connection between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker? WW's history was mostly based off of what happened after OoT, with Gannon trying to get the Triforce and all that, right? But I see what you mean by originality with characters and story, not being too much based off of previous games. I liked that about that too ^^

And you didn't like the remake of OoT? =o
Zelda's a game that needs careful control, not indirect stylus control that you kinda tell Link what to do with a kinda loose aim. So, yeah. I kinda hate the DS games and wish they could be controllable with buttons.

And that's why I said "Dispite obvious connections". Kinda pisses me off that fans are constantly trying to make story connections, specially when Nintendo aren't interested in making LOST, they just want to make a damn game everyone can enjoy. =P No sequels.

And yeah, I disliked the "remake". And I use remake loosely. You want a remake? Tomb Raider Anniversary was a remake. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes was a remake. This is a port with very little change to anything besides VERY LITTLE improvement upon graphics, dispite the fact that the console can support Gamecube graphics. That, and even though the original concept art shows the game like that, the fact that they changed the game from a dark and slightly-realistic medieval realism, into full-on RAINBOW ANIMU COLOR. From the character models, the new textures with few new details at all...

...and the fact that no game that has been re-released FOUR TIMES in the last three Nintendo home console generations needs a remake. And I have OOT in my top ten favorite games of all time. I love it. But it doesn't deserve this.
Back to top Go down
GF202020
Admin
GF202020

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:19 pm

...ya know what?

I think the Link to the Past port for the GBA added more additional content then the 3DS "remake". XD
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:46 pm

GF202020 wrote:
...ya know what?

I think the Link to the Past port for the GBA added more additional content then the 3DS "remake". XD
IT DID. IT ADDED A WHOLE NEW GAME.

An ENTIRE multiplayer Zelda game. New graphics, new sprites, new entire style. Most people missed it, yeah, due to the ridiculous requirements. But it's still an amazing extra.
Back to top Go down
GF202020
Admin
GF202020

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Well, I mean to the actual "Link to the Past" part as well, even if you take out Four Swords from it.
Back to top Go down
Yami-Eifie

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:08 pm

The 3DS version of OOT was more of a port with updated graphics than an actual remake. Because I'm more of a handheld gamer I'm fine with this. I may actually beat a Zelda game for once in my life! XD

As for my favorite, I have to say OOT. There's really no reason, I just like it the best. I've got to admit, though; Skyward Sword looks promising.

My least favorite is MM. Darn 3 day time limit...
Back to top Go down
Blackmore

Blackmore

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Now I just need to get that gamecube disc with 4 Zelda games and that WW demo.
Used to waste HOURS on that disc.

Although I could do without Zelda 2. That was just confusing as hell.
Back to top Go down
Gamma

Gamma

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:45 pm

Zelda 2 is good in its own way. In some ways, due to the sheer amount of content, the decent platforming and combat, it's the best Zelda game there is. =P

But OOT is truly the best Zelda game to start with. Then Wind Waker, then Twilight Princess. TP's basically an improved OOT with not enough magic to its world, but it's a very good game in its own way.

And I seriously can't wait for Skyward Sword. Hell, it's probably the best subtitle Zelda's ever had. XD

Also, who here was let down by the fact that you couldn't use the spinner as a skateboard around Hyrule and grind some bitchin rails?

BTW, who's up for some Clock Town custom Source map?
Back to top Go down
tigerman122

tigerman122

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:09 am

link's awakening was my first. and with the wonder of the visaulboy advance, i can play it again!

im stuck on the third dungoens first puzzle room...damn i suck
Back to top Go down
Maggot Killer

Maggot Killer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:34 am

You maggots need to play the Oracle Games.

In addition, Obligatory Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask here.
Back to top Go down
tigerman122

tigerman122

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:48 am

Maggot Killer wrote:
You maggots need to play the Oracle Games.

In addition, Obligatory Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask here.
again, emulater!
Back to top Go down
Satsuki Yumizuka

Satsuki Yumizuka

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:54 am

I spent the night reminiscing about OOT and majoras mask. Then i regret not getting master quest, and needing a new N64 controller to play my old zelda games again.
Back to top Go down
EmeraldKey

EmeraldKey

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:05 pm

(Sorry for disappearing for a bit I had to get a new laptop Mad but I want to pick things back up)

@Maggot Killer: Oh, hey yeah! The Oracle games! ^^ I remember playing Oracle of Seasons, but it was so looooong ago Surprised I did like it, though ^^ I... could never get past a certain dungeon though ^^'

Which makes me wonder about the older games--I don't think I've played any of the games beyond Ocarina of Time Surprised If I was to look into getting one... which one would you guys suggest? Story-wise? ^^

Oh, and back to the remake conversation... I think the main thing I was looking for in the OoT remake was just the graphics. I don't know if I would like it if they had added too many extras ^^ And updated graphics suite me ;D *see first post, part about being a graphic snob*
Back to top Go down
GF202020
Admin
GF202020

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:15 pm

I wonder if the plot will be hijacked by Ganon again in Skyward Sword, or if the game will be more blantant about his role in it.

...bonus points if a secret boss fight is a non-canon Ganon-Vaati Tag Team Boss Fight.
Back to top Go down
EmeraldKey

EmeraldKey

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Na, the makers said that Ganon isn't even in that game. I think I read so in an IGN article. They also said that the game is about how the Master Sword is forged, so it happens way before Ganon's time, right? Not that I'm doing any of that "time-line" fussing stuff, but that's just what I read ^^
Back to top Go down
GF202020
Admin
GF202020

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:39 pm

5 Bucks say Ganon will still hijack the plot somehow, and fans will be pissed...again....since he always does. =P
Back to top Go down
EmeraldKey

EmeraldKey

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Hmm, I guess they could still drag in Ganondorf.... but still, this is that article I was talking about. Doesn't seem very likely--though... it might be a little wierd not having him in there, I guess ^^'

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/162017_149756725078369_2374550_s.jpg
Back to top Go down
GF202020
Admin
GF202020

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Who do YOU think the final boss will be then, Char? XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda   The Legend of Zelda Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy Genesis :: Video Games and Related Media :: Video Game Discussion-
Jump to: