Galaxy Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to come together and discuss a variety of subjects, with a focus on today's gaming, cartoons, anime, and other forms of multimedia.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BlazBlue Discussion

Go down 
+9
Mayushii
Solitary Genesis
Satsuki Yumizuka
◆蜜爆弾◆
LoliCannon
Blackmore
Vulcan422
SB
GF202020
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Vulcan422

Vulcan422

BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:53 am

Yes. Relius teleported Ragna to a secret lab behind a barn, tied him up to a stake, and then closed the doors so the audience can't see Relius having surprise buttsecks with Ragna, thus crushing Jin's dreams into dust.
Back to top Go down
Solitary Genesis

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Vulcan422

Vulcan422

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Well to be fair the netcode is completely different than CS1. Think of it this way.

BBCT = XX / Reload (PSP version, in terms of content)
BBCS = Slash
BBCS2 = AC
BBCSEX = AC+

I just hope save data from CS1 will carry over, or I will be pissed that I have to go through the exact same goddamn story over again.
Back to top Go down
Vulcan422

Vulcan422

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:29 am

CSEX will be adding in a Carl vs. Relius theme and Jin vs. Tsubaki theme.

http://blazblue.jp/bbcs2_update.html
Back to top Go down
Blackmore

Blackmore

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:16 am

Vulcan422 wrote:
CSEX will be adding in a Carl vs. Relius theme and Jin vs. Tsubaki theme.

http://blazblue.jp/bbcs2_update.html

And I really hope it sounds as awesome as I hope it will.
Back to top Go down
Zero254

Zero254

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Vulcan422 wrote:
Well to be fair the netcode is completely different than CS1. Think of it this way.

BBCT = XX / Reload (PSP version, in terms of content)
BBCS = Slash
BBCS2 = AC
BBCSEX = AC+

I just hope save data from CS1 will carry over, or I will be pissed that I have to go through the exact same goddamn story over again.

The difference is accent core actually feels like a new game.
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:36 am

So, I'v picked this game up for like the fifteenth time. Gonna have another go at it.

Anyway, while I'm here, can anyone tell me if this game does anything that Guilty Gear didn't already do better? Or at the very least does it differently? I don't want to invest monthes of play time into this game only to drop it like a hot potato the minute Accent Core is announced for psn. If it ever is.
Back to top Go down
Vulcan422

Vulcan422

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Guard Primer system is the only thing they've done differently. Drive attacks can also vary by character, of course.

I, however, am doing the smart thing and not playing the game ever again until Extend because in a few months those balance changes they did will mean squat. That and the fact that I despise what they did to Bang and Noel.
Back to top Go down
Vulcan422

Vulcan422

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:05 pm

All 3 new battle themes have been ripped and are now on YouTube

Back to top Go down
Blackmore

Blackmore

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm gonna be totally honest here.

I do not like the Relius theme at all.
I feel that it is trying WAY too hard to make him sound like some sort of amalgam of badassery, science and evil, and it came out sounding like a drunk guy wrote most of the music.

The Relius vs Carl theme is good, but I feel that a lot of it doesn't reflect the situation all too well. The only exceptions are the acoustic parts (the idea of a father treating his son like dirt provokes a feeling of sorrow, as the sound of the guitar gives you.) and a little bit of the electric portions. Overall, it just feels like it should belong to an individual character.

But the Jin vs Tsubaki theme basically nails it. A lot of the sound, the way it moves, and even the vocals give you the feeling that two past friends have both been corrupted by a sort of force, and have no choice in the current situation but to fight. And deep down, neither of them want to hurt another. They just want to be like they were when they were young.
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Blackmore wrote:

I feel that it is trying WAY too hard to make him sound like some sort of amalgam of badassery, science and evil, and it came out sounding like a drunk guy wrote most of the music.

The Relius vs Carl theme is good, but I feel that a lot of it doesn't reflect the situation all too well. The only exceptions are the acoustic parts (the idea of a father treating his son like dirt provokes a feeling of sorrow, as the sound of the guitar gives you.) and a little bit of the electric portions. Overall, it just feels like it should belong to an individual character.

But the Jin vs Tsubaki theme basically nails it. A lot of the sound, the way it moves, and even the vocals give you the feeling that two past friends have both been corrupted by a sort of force, and have no choice in the current situation but to fight. And deep down, neither of them want to hurt another. They just want to be like they were when they were young.

Maybe your comment just lowered my standards a bit before hearing it, but I think your being way too critical of Relius Theme. The song structure could be better, but it has some really badass riffs, and overall, it beats the hell out of at least half the themes from Calamity Trigger.

Relius > Carl, Arakune, Rachel, Hakumen, Tager, and Litichi

Back to top Go down
Blackmore

Blackmore

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Squire Grooktook wrote:
Blackmore wrote:

Maybe your comment just lowered my standards a bit before hearing it, but I think your being way too critical of Relius Theme. The song structure could be better, but it has some really badass riffs, and overall, it beats the hell out of at least half the themes from Calamity Trigger.

Relius > Carl, Arakune, Rachel, Hakumen, Tager, and Litichi

I guess you're right, but I just found it a bit too painful to sit through the first half of the theme.
That and I guess I was expecting something more dark and sinister than this. :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BlazBlue Discussion   BlazBlue Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

BlazBlue Discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3