Galaxy Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to come together and discuss a variety of subjects, with a focus on today's gaming, cartoons, anime, and other forms of multimedia.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]

Go down 
+9
◆蜜爆弾◆
KError
Zero254
Recolor
Squire Grooktook
GhostGetterRobo
Gamma
LoliCannon
GF202020
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Game for our first tourney
MvC2
What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
MvC3
What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
 20% [ 3 ]
Arcana Heart 3
What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
WipEout HD
What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
SSFIV AE
What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Tekken 6
 20% [ 3 ]
GGPO (Some game on GGPO)
What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Other - State in post
What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Zero254

Zero254

What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:25 pm

xTANKxDEMPSEYx wrote:
Zero254 wrote:

TANK DEMPSY MAD, TANK DEMSY SMASH BY ARGUING ON THE INTERNET.

Who cares.

I do, but it's mostly because you are just trying to stir up something.

You try too hard.
I'm not trying to stir up anything. I just said that those rules you placed looked scrubby to me.

NOPE, YOU SON HAVE LOST IT ALL NOW

If the rules was scrubby. I'd say no assists, no infinites. Cable only.

you opinion and feeling don't define the rules.

Last edited by Zero254 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Recolor

Recolor

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:27 pm

That sounds more fun actually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:33 pm

xTANKxDEMPSEYx wrote:
Personally, I never liked the idea of additional limits/restrictions/rules that don't involve not using Bosses/OPed characters and not using gamebreaking bugs/glitches/exploits.

Sentinel not good enough for ya eh?

xTANKxDEMPSEYx wrote:
That sounds more fun actually.

lol
Back to top Go down
AmyofAuir

AmyofAuir

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:34 pm

oh noez i have to lrn2play a game i never played before.

this sounds fun actually hopefully i'll have it before this starts *else i'll falsificare all round every round*
Back to top Go down
Zero254

Zero254

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:35 pm

It's ok, I'll teach you the game.
Back to top Go down
AmyofAuir

AmyofAuir

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:39 pm

cool, now to get the game and lrn2falsificare lol
Back to top Go down
Recolor

Recolor

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:45 pm

Squire Grooktook wrote:

By OPed characters I mean stuff like SSF2T Akuma.
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:04 am

xTANKxDEMPSEYx wrote:
Squire Grooktook wrote:

By OPed characters I mean stuff like SSF2T Akuma.

He's still serious shit. Not unwinnable but he does kinda ruin any chance of seeing anyone below mid tier used, which is, you know HALF THE CAST.

Besides, low tier tourneys are quite common for this game. I've seen people like J.Wong participate in tons of them.
Back to top Go down
Recolor

Recolor

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:07 am

Then again, MvC2 is pretty borked up, but that's kinda why people like it.

That and at 56 characters it's pretty DAMN HARD to balance it out.
Back to top Go down
Squire Grooktook

Squire Grooktook

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:29 am

xTANKxDEMPSEYx wrote:
Then again, MvC2 is pretty borked up, but that's kinda why people like it.

That and at 56 characters it's pretty DAMN HARD to balance it out.

Nah. The bizzare wild west frontier of broken and wacky shit is just a bonus really. Mvc2 is an incredibly deep and strategic game even without the imbalance.
Back to top Go down
Recolor

Recolor

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:35 pm

All right, it's been more than long enough.

I'm going to assume that this will not be done after all.
Back to top Go down
Zero254

Zero254

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:34 pm

My tourney is still going. I finished setting up the prize and I found the winner will fight me with roll servebot and dan for a small second prize

I rule it unfair for me to fight in the game after going 124+ to 18 in mvc2 with groucho and not all of his win were counted since some of them involved me not moving or just letting him hit me.

And the other guy who was in the room rage quit.

I'm going to also possibly host a second tourney after this one.

I'll be making brackets soon and pair people up based on a special decision tool I use.
Back to top Go down
Bobtomia

Bobtomia

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:05 pm

When the tourney? I haven't played MVC2 in a while and I need time to practice. Meh, why bother? I don't even have it for the Xbox 360. Doubt I'll be able find it.
Back to top Go down
Bobtomia

Bobtomia

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Oh yeah, and I voted for Tekken 6 also. Where is your three-way tie now, silly-man?
Back to top Go down
Zero254

Zero254

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:50 pm

The tourney will be on ps3 since that is where the majority of people are at that entered so far.

I'm going for a 8 man tourney.

So far groucho, bsod, and I and one other person are in. I didn't make a topic so I'm about to do that now.
Back to top Go down
GhostGetterRobo

GhostGetterRobo

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Meh, I think I'll probably host my own Tekken 6 tourney. Heck, I know a few people who aren't apart of the forum who'd be more than interested <.<
Back to top Go down
tigerman122

tigerman122

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:43 pm

doesent has ps3...
Back to top Go down
Zero254

Zero254

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 am

GhostGetterRobo wrote:
Meh, I think I'll probably host my own Tekken 6 tourney. Heck, I know a few people who aren't apart of the forum who'd be more than interested <.<

Bad news, I'm already planning to do that. On ps3.

1.) Don't worry tigerman. I'll work something out with you where it can be a 4 person thing.

2.) Why aren't you promoting people to come here? mr robo
Back to top Go down
GhostGetterRobo

GhostGetterRobo

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:16 pm

I tried, but none of them have any interest whatsoever. And Slvr bailed because there was no forum activity as if the boards themselves are on life support. It's to be expected since we're basically a small group of folks that gather around for talk about games and anime junk : P
Back to top Go down
Zero254

Zero254

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:38 am

I WONT LET THIS PLACE DIE.

I'M HERE THEREFORE THIS PLACE LIVES!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]   What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What game should have the first Tournament? [Voting Thread]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3